Big Data can produce a lot of value, but only if you know how to claim it.
Big data is a big deal – more than half of enterprises globally view Big Data as an opportunity and plan to increase their investments in Big Data in the next few years.
1. But Big Data’s value doesn’t come from the collection of information; that’s just the starting point. The real value of Big Data comes from your ability to use that stored information to uncover new insights, and then present those ideas to promote better business decisions.
And now, modern BI solutions can increase that value exponentially, by lowering the barrier to entry with user- friendly solutions. This allows more people within your organisation – not just the data scientists – to access, analyse, and collaborate on your data.
How does making Big Data accessible to your team drive value?
- It provides your company with more detailed insights into key aspects of the various aspects of your business to drive better, more confident, data-driven decisions.
- It fosters a culture of curiosity, where people are encouraged to experiment with ideas and validate them through data analysis.
By making Big Data available to everyone, the next big idea that transforms your business can now come from anyone, not just data scientists.
But what is Big Data, anyway?
Big Data is data that is too large or too complex for an organisation to easily manage using standard database and software tools. But since every company has different capabilities and requirements, "Big Data" is a subjective term - what is "Big" to one organisation may just be "Average" to another.
Do you want to get more value from your Big Data investment?
Here are 10 ways you can make a change:
- Choose the right method for accessing Big Data.
- Getting insight is as much about relating data as it is collecting it.
- Give your entire organisation access to Big Data.
- Make it easy for users to find the data they need.
- Drive collaboration to drive innovation.
- Use an agile analytics environment that can meet the needs of every user.
- Provide access to analytics solutions anywhere, on any device.
- Implement a scalable solution that grows with your organisation’s changing needs.
- Ensure your BI solution can easily adapt to future technologies.
- Choose a BI solution with an extensive partner ecosystem.
Big Data, big potential.
Big Data has the potential to transform your business, but to unlock its true power, you need to know how to fully use it. The right BI solution can help maximize your Big Data ROI by:
- Providing a complete view of your business and the external forces that impact it.
- Facilitating better, data-driven decisions in every area of your business.
- Letting more users access and explore data, from anywhere, at any time.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration, inquiry, and innovation across your entire organisation.
- Scaling as your business grows, to meet future needs.
Here at Tahola, we know that BIG DATA does not only apply to the worlds largest organisations, it can apply to you and your business too. Whether you run 10 sites or 1,000 the outcome is still the same - you want access to all available data, that will allow you to make better informed decisions, resulting in increased efficiency and competitive advantage, whilst also providing insights into the performance of your business, that you could only have dreamt about before.
Named a BI Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for seven years running, Qlik offers a complete portfolio of visual analytics solutions that help businesses get the most out of their Big Data investment.
Qlik’s enterprise-ready platform is backed by the power of its unique associative model, which allows teams to freely explore every connection, across all of their data, at the speed of thought. Users (including non-data-scientists) can quickly and easily delve into massive amounts of data, from multiple sources, as they follow their own path to insight.
Tahola is the only Qlik Partner in Europe to hold a Qlik Expert accreditation for our work in hospitality.